UGC SPONSORED CAREER ORIENTED COURSE
Textile design as a fundamental part of fashion industry is a promising and remunerative career option today. As a creative career option it offers all one wants glamour, money and fame. Day by day textile design courses are gaining much popularity in India particularly among young people. It is because demands of Indian textile are on high both in domestic and foreign markets. Those with creative skills and technical skills generally opted for the textile design course in India. Textile design comprises both surface design and structural design. Textile designers usually handle embroidery designs, print, weave and texture.
Photos of Inaugural Function of Textile Designing Laboratory at the hands of Shir Dattaji Meghe,M.P
Major instruments and equipments:
- Handloom – 01
- Table Loom – 01
- Bobbin Winder – 01
- Box Charkha – 01
- Computerized Embroidery Machine – 01
Guest lectures Organized in last five years: 02
Educational Visit: 01
The Department of Textile and Clothing Sevadal Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Nagpur has started UGC Sponsored Certificate Course, Diploma Course, and Advanced Diploma Course in ‘Textile Designing’ under Career Oriented Programme from the academic session 2008-2009. The Board of College and University Development of Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur has provided their approval for this course. The BCUD has also provided their approval for the syllabus of this course. This course has received the grant of Rs.5 Lakh. At the end of course students got Certificate. The fees structure is given below:
|1) Certificate Course
|2) Diploma Course
|3) Advance Diploma Course
The college has provided well equipped laboratory with the equipment like handloom, table loom , spindle charkha, bobbin-winder and various types of yarn and also library and classroom for the students of this course.
Guest Lecture and Visit:
Under COP Course following guest lectures and visit were taken for Textile Designing students:
Scope of Textile Designing:
The study of textile Designing opens up many opportunities in the area of wages employment and self-employment.
Aims and Objectives:
- To provide self -employment and self-reliance.
- To understand various types of Fibers, Yarn and Fabric.
- To provide practical oriented knowledge.
- To acquire skill in evaluation of the designs available in the market.
- To develop skill in setting up loom.
- To teach the method of weaving, dyeing and printing.
- To learn elements of design and designing process.
- Self- employment.
- Opportunity to start own printing unit.
- Work as Textile Designer.
Students Strength of last 6 years
- Highlights of the Department:
- Department has organized ‘Handloom Mark Awareness Programme’ in association with Textile Committee & Office of the Development Commissioner of Handloom Government of India Ministry of Textile, Nagpur.
Dr. Mrs Neeta A. Tiwade
Head & Assistant Professor
Department of Textile and Clothing
Email Id: email@example.com