Library is a heart of the institution. Teaching and learning system are supported by library through reading material. Library department is well equipped with reference books, textbooks, journals, periodicals and newspapers etc. Library department is in main building of the institute. The total area of the library is 1800 sq. fits.There are two issuing counters for the students. We used DDC classification system for the books arrangement.
To serve selflessly towards the cause of human excellence especially in character building, personality development and empowerment of women through knowledge and higher education.
The Library has a rich collection of books. There are nearly 11,378 books and several research journals. A lot of care is taken to preserve these books in the library in a good condition. Over the years, many book-lovers have donated the number of books from their personal collection to the library.
The library is fully automated /computerized. With the advancement of technology, new forms of books/journals such as e-books, e-journals facility is available in the library. Library has a valuable collection of books and reference books.
|TOTAL AREA –||1800 SQ.FT|
|CIRCULATION SECTION –||600 SQ.FT|
|VIRTUAL CLASS ROOM||300 SQ.FT|
|STUDENTS READING ROOM –||600 SQ.FT|
|INTERNET FACILITY LAB. –||150 SQ.FT|
|LIBRARIAN CHAMBER –||80 SQ.FT|
|PROPERTY SECTION-||150 SQ.FT|
Establishment year 1992
Library Staff: 03
Library -9 am to 5.30 pm on all working days
Circulation Counter: 9 a.m. to 4.30 p.m
Reading Hall Library-all Working days- 9 am to 5.30 pm
|1||Dr. Pravin Charde, Principal||Chairman|
|2||Dr. Shashikant Rokade, Librarian||Secretary|
|3||Dr. (Mrs.) A. S. Mahakalkar (Science faculty in-charge)||Member|
|4||Mr. P. S. Deshpande (Home Science faculty in-charge)||Member|
|5||Dr. S. V. Pise (Arts faculty in-charge)||Member|
|6||Dr. P. R. Bhandari (Science faculty non-grants subjects in-charge)||Member|
The Librarian plans all the library activities under the guidance of Library Advisory committee.
Shri Shivaji Science College, Congress nagar, Nagpu
Shri Mathuradas Mohata Science College, Nagpur
The Periodical section of the Library serves as a Reading Hall for students and is spacious enough to comfortably accommodate around 40 students at a time. In the combine space is also available for teachers. Teachers can read books and journals. Computers with internet facility are also available to teachers. They can search for books through OPAC, on-line e-resources, INFLIBNET N-List.
1. Free internet and e-resource centre– There is one Net lab. having 04 computers is available. Students/users can use this facility free of cost.
2. OPAC- Online Public Access Catalogue is an important tool to search the title/author from the data of the library. In addition to this we had given web-base OPAC facility through Android App. to students and the staff members of the college. Every single book, journal, of the library can search by the users.
3. E-journals and e-books- information available in electronic form is accessible to the students from the library through N-list INFLIBNET and from the open access resources.
4. BOOK EXHIBITION- Library organizes and displays book collections of the reference books and other important books for the students and staff members.
5. INFORMATION LITERACY PROGRAMME- Library arranges orientation programs for students and faculty members to acquaint them with the library collection, the section wise arrangement and services available at the library.
6. NEWS PAPER CUTTINGS AND CLIPPINGS- Information related to the college, the library, the staff and students are displayed on the notice board and then filed.
7. NEW BOOK Display – New addition to the library collection is displayed and the lists are circulated and displayed on the notice board.
8. INTER LIBRARY LENDING SERVICES- Meant for students, staff members or researchers who need to refer to a book from another library for a short time. The College Library is tie-up with other two college libraries for the purpose and enables this kind of inter-library loan facility.
9. INSTITUTIONAL REPOSITORY- Library dept. created the Institutional repository for students and staff members of the college for the information retrieval purpose like syllabus, question papers and research papers of the faculty members.
The Library is open to BONAFIDE students only.
Students are expected to wear the IDENTITY CARD while entering the Library and I Card valid for the current academic year only.
Enter after registering their name in the GATE REGISTER.
SILENCE has to be maintained in the Library.
Eatables are not allowed in the Library.
Book issued from the Reading hall counter should be returned while leaving the Library.
Library authority is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property left in the library.
Misuse of Library material or misbehavior will result in expelling the student from the Library and strict disciplinary action will be taken by the College authorities.
Mobile phones should be switched-off in the Library.
Students should keep all their belongings at the counter (without money or other valuables)
Identity Card and Library Card are not transferable.
Book lending facility is available to all bonafide students. One book will be issued on one Library Ticket for 7 days, one book issue for under Graduate Students and two books for the PG students. Students should inform the Librarian in writing about the loss of a Library Ticket/Card. A new ticket will be issued on proper verification and on paying Rs.50/- Procedure of issuing – Students should show the Identity Card and book at the issue counter and write his/her name on the book card.
A book will be issued for 8 days. For unclaimed book, the period can be extended.
The borrowed book should be returned on or before the last date given on the date slip. A fine will be levied on late books as per the rules.
Students are responsible for the book borrowed from the library.
The Librarian can recall any book at any time.
The Students should check the book thoroughly for missing pages, Chapters, Pictures etc. while borrowing the book and if found damaged, kindly inform the Library staff.
Students are given Identity cards with unique number written in Barrower. At the same time, every book has a unique barcode number. With the help of Barcode Scanner, books are issued to a member within a fraction of seconds. There is no need to fill the issue slip or sign.
Resonance Jnl. of Sc. Education
Jnl. of Biosciences
Jnl. of Genetics
Herald of Health
Indian Jnl. of Public Health
The Indian Jnl. of Nutrition & Dietetics
Yojana (Karukshetra) English
Sangit Kala ViharUniversity News
Indian Jnl. of Pure & Applied Physics
Indian Jnl. of Biochemistry and Biophysics
Indian Jnl. of Fibre and Textile Research
Indian Jnl. of Chemical Technology
Indian Jnl. of Chemistry (Section A) (P.G.)
Indian Jnl. of Experimental Biology (P.G.)
Indian Jnl. of Microbiology Research (Print + Online)
International Jnl. of Agriculture Environment and Biotechnology (Print + Online)
Climate change and Environmental Sustainability (Print + Online)
LS: International Jnl. of Life Sciences (Print + Online)
International Jnl. of Data Mining and Emerging Technologies (Print + Online)
International Jnl. of Physical Education Sports Management and Yogic Science (Print + Online)
Annals of Library and Information Studies
E-JOURNALS, E-BOOKS (UGC-INFLIBNET-N-LIST)
OUTLOOK NEWS MAGAZINES
BUSINESS WORLDCOMPETITION SUCCESS REVIEW
COMPETITION SUCCESS REVIEW
THE INDIAN EXPRESS
THE TIMES OF INDIA
DAINIK BHASKAR (Hindi)
TARUN BHARAT (Marathi)
LOKSHAHI VARTA (Marathi)
Fully automated housekeeping activity
To organize International Seminar for Library science professionals
To organize research methodology workshop for the faculty members and the research scholars
To extend Internet base services
Shri Prakash Barapatre
Shri Laxmikant Madankar
Dr. Shashikant Rokade
Sevadal Mahila Mahavidyalaya,
Sakkardara Square, Umrer Road,
Nagpur-9 Ph. 0712-2751344